Friday, November 18, 2016

Kitchen: Crepes with Cream & Berries


On my best mornings, I wake up a couple of hours before work to pray, read, do yoga, answer emails and prepare myself a nice breakfast that I can savor. I often rotate between oatmeal waffles, banana pancakes, and a bowl of oatmeal but every now and then turn to something more fancy with delicate and sweet crepes. I either fill or top the crepes with fresh fruit, jam, cream and/or chocolate. My crepe recipe is adapted from my Ladurée sweets cookbook. 

Ingredients
⅔ cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tbsp butter, melted 

½ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp sugar

Powdered sugar
Raspberries

Method
Combine flour, sugar and eggs in a medium bowl. Add milk and melted butter and mix well. I used an electric hand mixer to obtain a smooth batter. Cook crepes in a buttered skillet on medium heat. I folded the crepes in half twice as they cooled. Top crepes with whipped cream and berries or your choice filling. For whipped cream, whip cream and sugar in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Dust crepes with powdered sugar and top with sweetened whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment