Monday, February 15, 2016

Hosting: Galentine's Day Soireé


I hope you all had a beautiful Valentine's Day weekend filled with loveliness, sweet treats and gifts. This holiday time, I got together with one of my best friends and my roommate for an overly pink Galentine's Day celebration! 

We ladies celebrated each other on a sweet Friday evening. We munched on pizza from Papa John's, cheese fries made by my roommate Naz and sweet treats. We got macarons in chocolate, hazelnut, raspberry, red velvet and coconut from Vanille Patisserie which were delicious. Vanille is one of my favorite bakeries for macarons in the city. My friend Reham made these delicious hot pink strawberry cupcakes and I made a Strawberry Charlotte cake. I used a recipe from the Miette cookbook to make the decadent dessert and loved it! The Charlotte starts with a circular layer of hot milk cake  surrounded by ladyfingers I trimmed to be shorter and is filled with a strawberry mousse. I used store bought ladyfingers instead of making my own. Strawberry mousses are usually made with gelatin so I used agar agar, aka vegetarian gelatin, which set my mousse perfectly. I topped the creamy mousse with whole strawberries and tied it all together with a pink bow. 

Whilst eating, we watched Intolerable Cruelty, a silly film starring George Clooney and Catherine Zeta Jones. Silly and terribly slow! At the end of our intimate soiree we exchanged gifts - think baubles and sweets and all things pink. 


We delighted in these berry banana smoothies: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, strawberry yogurt, milk and ice al blended together


View from above


The first of many slices of pizza + garlic dip + not pictured fries


The Strawberry Charlotte tied with a pretty pink bow


These pink flowers were from Trader Joes! I got a big bunch for only $4, divided them in half, and trimmed them before placing in these mason jars 


Treats + my favorite party planning book: All in good taste from Kate Spade


Hope you've enjoy!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment