Monday, February 10, 2014

Scene: Meeting Manolo Blahnik at Barney's NY


Last Friday, I had the pleasure of meeting one of my favorite designers and shoe icons of all time. With my pharmacology notes close by in my purse, I attended the spring collection launch and personal appearance of Manolo Blahnik at Barney's New York. Though I have final exams scattered throughout the week, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet the legend. Manolo Blahnik is credited with bringing the classic stiletto heel back to the forefront of fashion and creating some of the most beautful and ornate shoes. I met up with a couple friends at the event including Ayesha and Lizmarie and between the beautiful shoes, the endless macarons, and meeting Manolo Blahnik, our evening was perfect! While meeting Blahnik, he said that he loved my outfit and thought I was fabulous (yay!) and posed for a photo with me. All in all, a fun fabulous evening. 


A beautiful line up 


Left: Meeting Manolo Blahnik. Right: With Ayesha and Lizmarie. 


A selfie between trying on beautiful pumps


A Cinderella slipper. My favorite sparkly shoes. 



What I wore: 7 For All Mankind Blazer, NY&C top, H&M pants, F21 necklace, TJMaxx Scarf, Brahmin purse

No comments:

Post a Comment