Monday, October 28, 2013

Scene: The Frye Company Chicago Flagship Grand Opening and150thAnniversary Celebration


Last week I was invited to attend the grand opening of The Frye Company's Chicago flagship and celebrate the company's 150th anniversary. I attended the celebration with my friend and colleague Amy and enjoyed the evening on Rush street. The new shop was quite large with a huge collection of boots, flats and pumps as well as accessories for men and women. While browsing the beautiful collections, we tried on boots, chatted, enjoyed hors d'oeuvres, and admired the hundreds of hanging harness rings strung up by hand (see below). The evening was made special by a performance by the band Blondfire. I hadn't heard of Blondfire before, but was happy I did - Erica Driscoll's voice and her Frye-styled outfit were brilliant.


Clockwise: A great showcase, my friend Amy and myself, boots boots and more boots, yummy bites


Loved listening to Blondfire and instantly downloaded "Where The Kids Are" on my iTunes


Clockwise: Shoes and bags, chilled tomato soup cheers, key fobs and journals, one rad ceiling

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete