Friday, October 18, 2013

Chicago Fashion Week: Maison De LaCour S/S 2014


After morning classes on Wednesday, I headed to the city to attend a morning runway show for Chicago Fashion Week. CFW officially began the evening before and shows run through Friday. Once at Millenium Park, I entered the Fashion Focus tent, checked in on the media list, and was ready to be enchanted by the Maison De LaCour fashion presentation. 

The creative mind behind the show I attended is Chicago-based designer Julius LaCour, Jr., who creates under the label Maison De LaCour. His spring/summer 2014 collection, “The Stars Are Out Tonight,” was designed to evoke the joie de vivre of Studio 54 in the 1970s and was anchored by Moroccan influences. At the show I met up with my friend Sean Krista of tour outfit Shop Around Chicago, and together we enjoyed a gorgeous presentation filled with flowing gowns and charming frocks, not to mention colorful, daring menswear.

Attending the show made for an exciting morning in the city and upgraded my typical school day. I love how the fashion industry in Chicago is growing and look forward to the day CFW mirrors the brilliance of NYFW. 


Clockwise: The entrance to the Maison de LaCour show, the looks, seating, the Argo tea bar




I love the textures of this shift dress and the ethereal lightness of this gown


Myself and Sean Krista


Designer Julius LaCour




Photos taken by my iPhone and the City of Chicago

0 comments:

Post a Comment